When your wife or fiancé just flew halfway across the world, she will likely have a severe case of homesickness. That’s one aspect of leaving home, but another is usefulness. The last thing you both need is for her to be alone with a lot on her mind and missing home. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Helping her find a job is maybe the best way to keep her from being bored. I helped my wife find a job through a temporary agency, now she is full-time. It also helps her earn money for herself and her family.
- Time with friends, although it may take a while to have some.
- I thought about volunteering at church but she thought work would be better.
- If you married the main breadwinner of the family, she likely won’t want to sit at home while you’re at work.
- Don’t make the mistake of thinking she will be fine simply because she is not in the Philippines.
I will also talk about having social media transparency in your marriage with a woman from the Philippines.